Monday, July 20, 2009

WISH YOU A NEW LIFE


I have buried him just now.He was so close to me,actually I have buried a part of myself.This is not the first time i have buried a lovely young cat.I called him 'Mittu'.When I reached home , mother was cursing some of my neighbors who used to poison cats just because they are living in our house.I was so moved by his death that her curses felt like some distant noises and my mind was filled with his curious, innocent and lovely face.His only aim was to eat something,sleep and play with his brother.

They were the youngest members of our family and all of us treated them like young kids.He was pure white with some large grey spots having some tiger like black spots on it.His brother 'Luttu' was also similar in appearance.I called Mittu 'elayavan' means younger brother,as he was the smaller one while they were so young.Mittu eats very little and he was the naughtiest and everyone in our house loved him more than his brother.This was because he rarely gets diseases and Luttu was lately troubled by loose motion and he becomes a little dirty.This disease almost killed Luttu and he almost became a skelleton.He became so weak that mother cursed neighbours for giving some sort of poison.There was no reason to disbelief her as this reason has killed many of our cats.Mother has pledged to give five rupees to a near by temple if he is saved,and it worked.We have never restricted or tied our cats,they were free to move any where and do anything.One thing I have observed that ,we humans are running after many material things,but for the innocent animals the only thing they wish is their freedom eventhough it costs their life.I think the same happened with my Mittu.If I had restricted him I could have saved his life.But I am not unhappy about my self , because due to his freedom he enjoyed every bit of his short span of life.

Mittu was very healthy.He used to run with me while I was doing some exercise in the morning.Most of the time I used to do exercise only to play with him.He likes to grab tennis ball and play with it.Some days in the morning he would be sleeping and I would wake him up to play with me while I do some exercises.They were really cute brothers.They eat,sleep and play together and always stick together.The most moving thing was that ,while his younger brother was lying dead Luttu was eating and he was trying to play with the motionless cold body of his younger brother.Infact he was ignorant and thought his brother was lazilly sleeping wasting an eating opportunity.Their mother was nowhere near.The great thing about her is that she looks after her kids more than anything.She never leaves them even if they grow bigger.She may be searching for her kid even now without knowing that her kid have left the earth to find some new friends out there in some higher world, where there is no one to poison him.But he may be missing his brother and may be his human brother also.Dear mittu I miss you very much.

Today morning Mittu was very weak and he was so weak even to eat and drink.I thought he would recover as it had already happened to his brother.I used the same trick as my mother and pledged to give money to the nearby temple if he is saved.But God's were were harsh this time and they took his life away.But I gave the money to temple simply to impress the Gods to give him a peaceful and free life in heaven.I also prayed to Gods to never give another life to such innocent,lovely and loyal animals inthis world filled with enemity,hatred and greed which does not even spare this poor animals.

I wish you a happy new life.All my sorrows and grief would be forgotten if I know that you are happy in your new world.A lot of floral tributes to you for giving me some beautiful and happy moments in my life.You would remain in my heart for ever and your brother would remind me how he also misses you.

No comments: